tonnes of errors in /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/log/horde.log

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Mar 4 11:23:20 CET 2010

Hi Gavin,

Quoting Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie>:

> On Tue, 02 Mar 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed a kolab server this morning and this log file is already at
>> 30MB.
>>
>> /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/log/horde.log
>>
>> there are 153162 of the form:
>>
>>   Mar 02 15:38:41 HORDE [debug] [kronolith] Hook
>> _prefs_change_hook_display_cals in application horde not called.
>> [pid 22598 on line 1683 of
>> "/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/lib/Horde.php"]
>
> This, at a guess, is down to:
>
> $conf['log']['priority'] = PEAR_LOG_DEBUG;
>
> on line 36 of /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/config/conf.php.  Is there a good
> reason for this?

Not anymore, no. I set this originally when we considered the Horde
installation to be in an early beta stage. It should be fixed. Can you
open an issue about it?

> I can over-ride it of course, but it seems a strange
> default.
>
> Also, by default, does kolab setup logrotate or does one have to do that
> manually?

Some are being rotated (not through logrotate though). This is defined
in /kolab/etc/rc.d. The Horde logfiles are not included though.
Another issue.

Cheers,

Gunnar