PHP fatal error in kolab-filter

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Wed Mar 3 17:35:04 CET 2010

Hi all,

a user complained that he wanted to invite a shared calendar, which simply resulted in a postmaster mail being sent back that php crashed.  In/kolab/var/kolab-filter/log/fatal.log, I found the following message

[03-Mar-2010 16:53:05] PHP Catchable fatal error:  Argument 1 passed to DOMNode::appendChild() must be an instance of DOMNode, null given, called in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab/Format/XML.php on line 798 and defined in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/DOM.php on line 397

which seems to be related.

I run Kolab 2.2.3, self-compiled on Ubuntu Hardy/x86_64, and the client is Outlook 2007 w/ the Toltec connector.

Any ideas what goes wrong, and how I can fix the issue?

Thanks, Albrecht.