kolab with multiple domains

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 07:38:51 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're getting set up to run three domains on a kolab server.  We'd like
> each domain's clients to connect to mail.<their_domain> and ideally,
> webmail.<their_domain>.  Needless to say, creating the DNS is no problem,
> but the SSL cert is a bit trickier.
>
> I'm pretty sure we'll need to set up apache to listen on one IP address per
> cert/vhost.  I'm fairly sure we'll also need to do something similar with
> Cyrus.  I can see a discussion of this in Cyrus here, which is reassuring.

You are right, only one certificate can be use by pair (ip_Address, port) !
But one certificate can support multiple domain, even multiple
wildcarded domain !
Unfortunately I never found Certificate reseller selling this king of
certificate for cheap :-(
You can build such certificate yourself, but then you have to load
them in each web browser of your customer.

> http://www.mail-archive.com/info-cyrus@lists.andrew.cmu.edu/msg38823.html
>
> Has anyone else done this with Kolab?  I'm wary of deviating to far from
> the normal server config, but I don't want our users to have to get used to
> "certificate not match domain" errors and I don't want them to have to use
> a domain that doesn't match their email address.

Why not ? Use a consensual domain name, this will make thinks a lot simple !

If not this not difficult, add some section in your httpd.conf, some
line in your cyrus.conf
and duplicate your imapd.conf using
 @include: /kolab/etc/imapd/imapd.conf
inside each new one

> It would be really nice if, when you add extra mail domains to kolab, it
> had a standard way to configure certificates for that extra domain.
>
> Any thoughts/advice/suggestions?
>
> Gavin

Alain Spineux                         |  aspineux gmail com
Your email 100% available             |  http://www.emailgency.com
ntbackup frontend sending mail report |  http://www.magikmon.com/mkbackup/