Possible bug when using distrib lists as groups?

skipmorse at gmail.com skipmorse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 21:36:58 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Just had an odd occurance, we have a bunch of folder shared from a group
user account for 'storage' of emails. We also have a handful of shared
folders that are accessible by most of the same users.

Kolab 2.2.3 (OpenPKG)
Outlook 2003
Toltec 2.3.2

So, I had userA, that didn't have access to shared.folder2, I went into the
webadmin, and just gave 'append' access to the whole office distribution
list since... why not. after I did that, I synced my outlook to verify that
nothing weird happened with own shared.folder2, and suddenly one of my
group folders became [UNSHARED] and then appeared new at the bottom.

My user has read/write access via a single entry for the shared.folder2,
and I'm also part of the same distribution list that I'd added. Since the
shared folder has, I would think, nothing to do with the group user's
share, I really don't know why this would happen or where to start looking.

Also, I have a couple of folders shared to me from this particular group
user account, and it didn't happen to any others...

Oh, and as of right now, I don't know that any other users had the same
experience.

Thoughts/Ideas?
Thanks,
-Skip