Using the new Horde 1.2.6 Release with Kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Jun 9 18:06:46 CEST 2010

Quoting Alexander Schröter <webmaster at computational-chemistry.org>:

> Hi
>
> I remember that Gunnar had his own git repository with the stable release of
> horde to use with kolab. But I couldn't find it. Is it still out there or was
> the project removed.

This specific project is still wating to be ported to Horde HEAD.
Horde HEAD now uses git and I could directly import the Kolab specific
patches with topgit there. This has not happened yet and it would also
be a lot of work as I need to convert the Kolab patches to Horde 4. So
it will only happen slowly.

But Horde 1.2.6 is a Horde 3 release and this branch is now fully
maintained in Kolab CVS. Kolab CVS HEAD has an up-to-date version of
Horde. This would probably become part of Kolab-Server-2.3.* but I
don't think that version already has a fixed release date.

> If it is still out there will it be updated to 1.2.6 or has anybody tried
> using the regular release with the current kolab version?

I still would not recommend the unpatched release for the Kolab
server. Then you should rather try to build the Horde packages from
HEAD and use those.

> What are the plans regarding the new kolab version? I know there is a lot of
> talk about the plans regarding openpkg. But what is going on with the rest of
> the components? Is there some reading other than the old ones on the
> kolab.org
> homepage.

As mentioned above the Kolab-Server-2.3.* would probably have an
updated Horde instlal. It is already in the pipe.

Cheers,

Gunnar