Possible bug when using distrib lists as groups?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jul 6 20:34:08 CEST 2010

Quoting skipmorse at gmail.com:

> Hi all,
>
> Just had an odd occurance, we have a bunch of folder shared from a group user account for 'storage' of emails.  We also have a handful of shared folders that are accessible by most of the same users.
>
> Kolab 2.2.3 (OpenPKG)
> Outlook 2003
> Toltec 2.3.2
>

> So, I had userA, that didn't have access to shared.folder2, I went into the webadmin, and just gave 'append' access to the whole office distribution list since... why not.  after I did that, I synced my outlook to verify that nothing weird happened with own shared.folder2, and suddenly one of my group folders became [UNSHARED] and then appeared new at the bottom.
>
> My user has read/write access via a single entry for the shared.folder2, and I'm also part of the same distribution list that I'd added.  Since the shared folder has, I would think, nothing to do with the group user's share, I really don't know why this would happen or where to start looking.
>
> Also, I have a couple of folders shared to me from this particular group user account, and it didn't happen to any others...
>
> Oh, and as of right now, I don't know that any other users had the same experience.

Which kind of connector do you use with Outlook? Is it a problem you get reproducible?

I do not remember a similar report and the standard suggestion would be to contact the support of the connector. If you have the issue reproducible than that would probably help a lot.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--
______ http://kdab.com[1] _______________ http://kolab-konsortium.com[2] _