Kolab Server 2.2.4 Final Release

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Jul 5 22:15:29 CEST 2010

On Monday 05 July 2010 20:21:28 Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm confused by the following paragraphs from
> http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-
>
> server-2.2.4/sources/1st.README:
> > Upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4
> > ---------------------------
> >
> > Since OpenPKG uses static linking, packages which do not get
>
> updated
>
> > in
> > this release need to be recompiled, if they link against openssl:
> > apr curl imap openldap perl-crypto postfix sasl
> >
> > When using precompiled binary packages install-kolab.sh will take
> > care of this, but before generating your own 00INDEX.rdf using the
> > .src.rpm files together with binary RPMs from existing installations
> > you need to remove the binary RPMs for above packages.
>
> I'm running a openpkg instance compiled from source - what do I have
> to do?

Hi Johannes,

I guess you have just downloaded the whole 'sources' folder from
http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.2.4, right? Then there is
nothing you need to do, install-kolab.sh compiled everything.

Some people however don't want to build everything but just the updated
packages. So they put the old binary rpms into the same folder and run
install-kolab.sh -X to generate a new 00INDEX.rdf. install-kolab.sh will then
only build the src.rpms
- that lack a binary rpm or
- that have a higher version/release than the binary rpm

Because some packages haven't been updated to a newer version, but need to be
recompiled against the new openssl, it is critical to remove the old binaries
before running install-kolab.sh -X and install-kolab.sh.

HTH,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert