Experimental kolab-z-push packages available

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Jul 5 20:00:15 CEST 2010

On Monday 05 July 2010 19:25:23 Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Am Montag 05 Juli 2010, 17:38:13 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> > Hello (free) world,
>
> Hi release-dude :-)

Hi test-dude ;)

> [...]
>
> > Nevertheless you are strongly advised to read
> > http://files.kolab.org/incoming/wickert/ix86-debian5.0/1st.README
>
> (reading... Hmmm...)
> Version 200100705
>
> Are your sure? ;-)

Yes I am. This is not the version of the packages but of the README. Is was
written on 20100705 and describes the setup with Kolab Server 2.2.4, thus the
versioning is correct.

> For the older z-push tester:
>
> Its z-push 1.3 with kolab-backend-0.5

Not to forget the PEAR_KOLAB module which is 0.1.0 and kolab-webclient, which
is exactly the same version as in the Kolab server 2.2.4 release bt with
activesync support. The releases of the individual components are clearly
visible from the package names

> It would be nice to provide 0.5 on the standard place
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/kolabzpush/files/
> if thats possible.

I'm sorry, but ATM this is not possible. kolab-z-push requires z-push which
cannot be hosted on sf.net because it is run by an American company and has
servers in the US.

Plus I don't want to have experimental packages on the download page of the
'stable' releases of kolab-z-push. I'm also afraid that people will think
these were native RPMs instead of Open-PKG ones.

Last but not least I think that kolabzpush will move away from sf.net once it
is part of the official Kolab releases.

> And an update of the outdated roadmap in
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Z_push
> would be also fine :-)

Alain will take care of this.

> Thanks