Problems with Kontact on Windows

Jochen May admin at jmay.org
Sat Jan 30 21:44:01 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2010 11:49:01 schrieben Sie:
> Am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2010 18:10:04 schrieb Jochen May:
> > 3 Problems with Kontact Version 1.3 (enterprise4 0.20091204.1058385) on
> > Windows XP SP2
> >
> > I´m not sure if this is the wright place to post my issue. If not, please
> > forward me to the right place/people :-)
>
> This is the right place.
> If your reports are detailed enough and you feel confident, you could
>  directly create an issue in the tracker. Note that our roadmap is to bring
>  up alpha versions of the enterprise5 next generation on Kontact very soon.

I will put the two items into the issue tracker.

> > 3.) Also i try to setup gpg4win2, but i get only an error. The error
> > message ist: "Cannot load library
> > C:/Programme/Kontact/lib/kde4/kmailpart.dll" I follow the instruction
> > from the file "README-kontact-20091204-3-en.txt"
>
> Did you adapt the PATH accordingly, also see hints as the bottom of
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kontact_for_Windows_(beta-huge-debug)

I rename the two files (like the discripton at the website) and check the PATH
settings again. Now it's working.
The different was, that last time i change the settings on the fly. And this
time it was directly after the reboot.
For test i change the settings of KDEDIRS and get the error again. I thought,
that windows will change the path settings "on the fly"...

Greetings
Jochen