[Solved? / new question] Q: triggering freebusy updates

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Fri Jan 22 13:34:25 CET 2010

Hi Bernhard:

Bernhard Reiter schrieb am Donnerstag 21 Januar 2010 16:01:
> The client is responsible for issuing the trigger link after writing the calender file. How freebusy should work, see
>
> http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/architecture/freebusy.txt?rev=HEAD
> ftp://intevation.de/users/bernhard/scratch/extended-freebusy-concept-0.92%2Bdev20080503-ber1-pub2.pdf

Thanks for those interesting pointers!  However, I now wonder how triggering works from Kontact/Toltec...

I tried to add/delete appointments for myself in Horde, and everything works just fine, the Kalendar.pvc & friends are updated.

With Kontact/KOrganizer 4.3.2 (coming with Ubuntu 9.10), configured according to the "doc2.sxw" documentation, only without authentication for /loading/ the freebusy lists, this does not work.  I.e. I add a new appointment for myself in Kontact, but the freebusy list is not updated.  The same happens if I accept an invitation sent from Outlook/Toltec or Horde with Kontact.  Do I need a newer Kontact for that to work, of is the configuration wrong?

I didn't check Toltec yet (I'm working only with Kontact), but looking at the time stamps of the .pvc files on the server my feeling is that the behaviour is like Kontact's.  Only calendars which automatically accept invitations (like meeting rooms) get updated.

Or did I miss something here?

Thanks, Albrecht.