Q: SyncML for shared resources?

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Wed Jan 13 21:33:50 CET 2010

Hi Heiner:

Am 20.12.09 14:42 schrieb(en) Heiner Markert:
> you can configure the synchronized address book(s) in the web client in the
> turba settings. I have written a patch that implements the same functionality
> for calendars, see
> https://issues.kolab.org/issue4001

Really cool!

I finally applied your patch to my 2.2.3 server, self-compiled an a 64-bit Ubuntu box.  When I open the config option, I see the attached screen shot.  Some "cosmetic" remarks:
- the message "select the calendars..." should start below the combo (new line)
- my own calendar is named "Kalender" in the combo, but shows the internal value in the choice;
- shared calendars use URL encoding which makes them look ugly.

Did I miss a part of the patch here, or is this intended?

In the address book sync section, I see "Kontakte" for my own and "user:someuser:Kontakte".

BTW, is there a trick to add the global LDAP address book to the SyncML synchronisation?  It doesn't show up in the list.

Thanks, Albrecht.