ClearOS

Divan Santana Divan.Santana at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:17:26 CET 2010

On Thursday 07 January 2010 18:35:50 Paul Douglas Franklin wrote:
> Has anybody used ClearOS?  It includes Kolab.

I looked at it briefly and used it a little.

> Comments?

Its a very promising SBS solution.
I like the kolab features such as an option to enable archiving of all email.
It allows you to select how many years you want to keep mail for and you can
also select which mails to keep depending on the size of the attachment.

There's also easy anti-spam integrated and best of all would be the kolab LDAP
samba integration.

It certainly has some nice tempting things.

What I don't like is:
- you need to subscribe/purchase subscription for many updates such as
Intrusion detection, anti-spam, anti-malware etc etc. Without that its not as
useful.
- Doesn't support 64bit yet.
- Doesn't support virtualisation yet.
- Based on CentOS(not a train smash but I prefer ubuntu).

Let me know your thoughts.

--
Divan Santana