No Calendar display in webclient

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Jan 8 17:17:33 CET 2010

Quoting Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann at web.de>:

> Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>
>> Hi Johannes,
>>
>> Quoting Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann at web.de>:
>>
>>> Thanks for the hint.
>>>
>>> Here is what I find:
>>>

>>> [20-Dec-2009 19:07:24] PHP Warning:  DOMDocument::loadXML() [<a
>>> href='domdocument.loadxml'>domdocument.loadxml</a>]: Start tag expected,
>>> '<' not found in Entity, line: 2 in
>>> /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/lib/Horde/DOM.php on line 137
>>> [20-Dec-2009 19:07:24] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function
>>> hasChildNodes() on a non-object in
>>> /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/lib/Horde/DOM.php on line 372
>>>
>>> Any clue what that might mean?
>>
>> I'm confused now... Didn't you write you solved that particular
>> problem and resolved the issue (see
>> http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2009-November/010595.html).
>> You mentioned it was a preferences issue.
>>
>> But to be honest I was already wondering if that could be true. See my
>> last comment in https://issues.kolab.org/issue3751. I assume there is
>> a specific kolab.xml attachment breaking Horde. If I'd know how that
>> xml attachment looks like it should be easy to fix the issue. But if
>> you have several hundred events in your calendar folder than finding
>> the broken attachment might be hard.
>>
>> We intended to fix that bug for 2.2.3 but lacked the time in the end
>> so it dropped of the list.
>>

> Thanks for picking this up once more. Obviously it's me who is confused - I
> went back and deleted my prefs
> (/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/storage/*.prefs). Logging in via horde now will
> create a new user-specifc *.prefs file and everything in horde looks nice
> and fine UNTIL I navigate to the calendar and ask it to display the kolab-
> resident calendar (via check box in the upper right corner of the calendar
> component). At this point I start encountering the problems first described
> in this thread, so your hunch that there is something weird in my calendar
> seems right (especially since the Todos are just fine). How now could I go
> about finding the culprit in my reasonably busy calendar?

Two options:

"binary search"

  1) kill one half of you events
  2) does it work again or does it still fail
     a) it still fails -> goto 1)
     b) it works again
        i) restore folder
        ii) kill the other half of the events -> it should fail again
-> goto 1)

yup, tedious, I know...

"debug"

Follow my instructions in
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/PHP_debugging about xdebug and paste
the (hopefully) resulting stack trace into
https://issues.kolab.org/issue3751

Cheers,

Gunnar