kolab v1 -> kolab v2

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Wed Jan 6 18:17:36 CET 2010

Hi,

as I mentioned in a previous email, were upgrading an old version of Kolab.
The old version is Kolab v1 and we'd like to move to kolab v2.2.3 (or
whatever is current at the point we do it).

Have people done this?  Are there scripts or guidelines available?

From a brief inspection of a new system (the debian-packaged install for
now) I note:

== LDAP ==

I can see that a good bit has changed in the ldap structure.  In
particular, the multiple domain handling. I guess I can possibly write a
shell script to run slapcat on the old system, fix that stuff up and load
that into the new ldap database.

== Domains ==

All our current users are domain-agnostic (as kolab was back then).  A few
have been given entries in /etc/postfix/virtual to facilitate them getting
mail on other domains.  I guess I can create the default domain and migrate
everyone to it by changing the ldif.

== Cyrus ==

The location and structure of spools has changed a bit with the inclusion
of domains though it's not too tough to spot where things are -- although I
also don't see the sieve directory as yet.

Has anyone done such a migration in the past?  Are there any docs, scripts
or references around?

Gavin