Creating users resource folders without Kontact - is it possible?

YANQ IT Support tech at yanq.org.au
Tue Jan 5 22:58:05 CET 2010

Hi There,

A little while ago I asked if it was possible to create users resource
folders (esp for contacts and calendars) without using Kontact.

This is for a server (running Debian squeeze) which I have inherited.
I've discovered that the kolab server was originally installed using the
'native' debian packages (i.e. apt-get, not openpkg). This is why the
web-client isn't creating the folders for me - it's just a normal
installation of horde, not the one that comes with kolab (openpkg version).

So, two questions:

1. Has anyone had any experience installing the OpenPkg version Kolab
over the top of the experimental Debian packages? It seems like it might
be a very tricky exercise and I'm not sure I have the time, resources or
enough knowledge about kolab to try it.

2. Can I write, or is there already a script, that will create the
resource folders for users for me?

I'm guessing it's possible because Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> You could use a script to create the needed folders and set the annotations
> of course, but if you are using a defect version of Horde, this will not help.

All of my users access their mail and calendars using thunderbird /
lightning both in the office and on their laptops (outside the office).
So fixing the web-client isn't that important at the moment.

Cheers,

David

--
David Powell
Technical Officer

NOTICE:This communication and all attachments contains information which
is confidential and the copyright of Youth Affairs Network Qld (YANQ)or
a third party. If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication please delete and destroy all copies and telephone/email
(details above) YANQ. If you are the intended recipient of this
communication you should not copy, disclose or distribute this
communication without the authority of YANQ. Any views expressed in this
communication are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of YANQ.  Except as
required at law, YANQ does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that
the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that the
communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.