Not creating mailboxes

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 22:25:06 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Paul Douglas Franklin <pdf at yugm.org> wrote:
> I have a fresh install of Kolab 2.2.3.  I added a user, and the user can
> log in under Horde.  But Kolab refuses to create any folders, so the
> user cannot log in using Thunderbird.
> Under Horde, when I try to save a draft, I get the following messages:
>
> The folder "Drafts" was not created. This is what the server said:
> Permission denied
> Saving the draft failed. Could not create a drafts folder.
>
> I'm not finding anything in the logs to explain this.
> --Paul

First check for file with unusual owner, here is my

# find /kolab/var/imapd/ \! -user kolab-r -ls
526524    8 -rw-r--r--   1 root     root            6 Feb 25 00:00
/kolab/var/imapd/cyrmaster.pid
522083    8 drwxrwx---   2 kolab    kolab-r      4096 Feb 25 00:00
/kolab/var/imapd/socket
525750    0 srwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            0 Feb 25 00:00
/kolab/var/imapd/socket/notify

then, can you activate this
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Enable_Imap_protocol_logging

and search and report for error from these log ?

Regards

> --
>

> Paul Douglas Franklin
> Computer Manager
> http://www.yugm.org/
>
> /Husband of Danette/
> /Father of Laurene, Miriam, Tycko, Timothy, Sarabeth, Marie, Dawnita, Anna Leah, Alexander, and Caleb/
>
> Upgrade to the premier Office package today!
>
> Free download here:
> http://www.openoffice.org/

Alain Spineux                         |  aspineux gmail com
Your email 100% available             |  http://www.emailgency.com
ntbackup frontend sending mail report |  http://www.magikmon.com/mkbackup/