Lost Emails in Kolab

Jochen May admin at jmay.org
Thu Feb 25 16:37:47 CET 2010

Hi,

i got some problems with my mailsystem yesterday. Fetchmail grep around 3 pm a
couple of mails from my provider and hand it over to postfix. So far so good.
Unfortunaly, i never get this mails. After browsing thrue the log-files i
found this:

Feb 24 14:41:16 kolab kolabd[2930]: Y Error: Unable to connect to local Cyrus
admin interface

So i guess, that this was the problem. But i don't get the mails.

I got in my mind, that postfix keep the messages until they can forward it to
cyrus. So normaly, the messages shout be appear after the restart of the
server...
But when i take a look to the postfix.log, it shows me, that the messages are
bounced back.

First of all, is this right what i write there? And if yes, can somebody
explain me why it work in this?

After a restart of the server, everything was ok. Expect the missing mails :-(

Greetings
Jochen May