Transfer to new server

Paul Douglas Franklin pdf at yugm.org
Tue Feb 23 03:49:07 CET 2010

When I set up my kolab box 3 years ago, I made some mistakes and want to
start relatively fresh.  Here is my hoped-for process:

1)  Create a brand-new install of kolab on a new box.
2)  Add my domains and other items as needed on the settings page.
3)  (on the old server) /kolab/sbin/slapcat-l kolab-ldap.ldif and edit
the .ldif file down to just the users I want to transfer.
4)  (on the new server) /kolab/sbin/slapadd -l kolab-ldap.ldif
5)  rsync /kolab/var/imapd/spool from old to new.
6)  (as kolab-r on the old box) /kolab/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d >mailboxlist.txt.
7)  (as kolab-r on the new box) /kolab/bin/ctl_mboxlist -u <mailboxlist.txt

This is not going so well.  I have two concerns.  The first is that when
I ran slapcat -l on the new server to verify what I had put in there
(prior to trying slapadd), it seems to have given Horde a problem.  The
Horde login screen is blank--when I go to https://FQDN/client, it brings
up https://FQDN/client/imp/login.php with a blank screen.  Horde was
fine immediately before I ran slapcat.

The second is that I see on the "Backups for Kolab 2" wiki that I should
back up annotations.db.  I don't see a way to do this other than by
copying, and there are changes from old to new such that I doubt that a
simple copy would do the job.

Is what I'm trying possible, and does anyone have answers for my two
concerns?

--Paul

--

Paul Douglas Franklin
Computer Manager

/Husband of Danette/
/Father of Laurene, Miriam, Tycko, Timothy, Sarabeth, Marie, Dawnita, Anna Leah, Alexander, and Caleb/

Upgrade to the premier Office package today!

Free download here:
http://www.openoffice.org/