z-push and N900 Mail for Exchange

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Sat Feb 20 00:17:48 CET 2010

Am Freitag 19 Februar 2010 23:19:52 schrieb Alexander Schröter:
> Am 19.02.2010 23:03, schrieb Thorsten Schnebeck:
> > Am Freitag 19 Februar 2010 21:53:30 schrieb Alexander Schröter:
> >
> >> Am 19.02.2010 13:51, schrieb Gavin McCullagh:
> >>

> >> But now the sad part ... not working yet :( My phone is a N900 and I am
> >> using the following setup.
> >>
> > What version of z-push have you installed? You can not use the latest 1.3 stuff.
> > You need at least a post-42.2009 N900 firmware. Current firmware is 3.2010.02-8
> >

> Hi current N900 firmware is 3.2010.02-8 so high enough.
> z-push backend I used 1.3 RC2 which I guess is the one you tell me I
> should not use ... which one is it than?

I use z-push-1.2.3_RC

> >> E-Mail Address: the one specified in kolab for my account
> >> User Name: the username without the domain
> >>
> > wrong, its with domain
> >
> Thought so since I had problems loging into imap without domain.
> >
> >> Password: according to the user
> >> Domain: my kolab servers maildomain
> >>
> > IIRC this is for z-push only a dummy info.
> >

> >> Server: my kolab server
> >> port 443
> >>
> > if you want to use https you have to fight with nokias certification set-up and there are some really long threads on maemo.org about this ;-)
> > Please use for a first try port 80 and http without certs. You can also use openvpn to secure your client server connection. The N900 has strong openvpn support.
> >

> Ok I tried the non secure connection and I got something about internal
> error ... which I guess is what you mean with don't use the 1.3 z-push?

yep, 1.3 has new parameters for some functions, so you have to patch current kolabbackend to make it work. But I think Alain and Gunnar do work for better kolab integration and latest z-push support. By now use the 1.2.x branch of z-push, I use 1.2.3RC

Bye

  Thorsten

P.S. no need for a cc: to my mail address - I am a subscripted ML member ;-)