z-push and N900 Mail for Exchange

Alain abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Fri Feb 19 12:51:44 CET 2010

Alexander Marx a écrit :
> Alain abbas schrieb:
>
>> Hello Alex
>>
>> Windows mobile doesn t allow self certificate .You must sync without SSL
>> or have a valid certificate (official)
>>
>> Alain
>>

>> Alexander Marx a écrit :

>>> Hi
>>> i found this z-push very interesting and put it on my KOlab 2.2.3
>>> I used the wiki installation docu and it seems to be all right.
>>>
>>> But when i use my sony ericsson xperia x1 and configure activesync i
>>> don't know how to set the values .
>>>
>>> I entered my FQDN of the kolab server and username and password, also
>>> checked the box for "using SSL"
>>>
>>> when i try to sync , i got an error, saying that the servers
>>> certificate is not guilty.
>>>
>>> can you please help me? The wiki doesnt say anything about how to
>>> configure activesync on a windows mobile device or how to accept the
>>> certificate.
>>>

>>> When i use the webbroser to go to https://<mailserver
>>> fqdn>/MIcrosoft-Server-ActiveSync theres a popup ascing for username
>>> and password
>>>
>>> it seems to be ok... But what about the certificate???
>>>

>>> Alex

> Thank you for this information.
>
> But when i disable ssl, nothing happens. it says synchronising all the
> time, but there's no action.
>
> Do i have to enter just the fqdn, or shoul i fill in the whole name
> "http://<mailserver>/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" ???
>
> And where do i find the logfiles?  the access.log is not created?  in
> the config.php  there's an entry:
>
>  // Logfile
>         define('KOLAB_LOGFILE',"/path/access.log");
>

> Do i have to edit the config.php? and how?
>
> thank you

you must define some values in config.php
exemple:

define('KOLAB_LOGFILE',"/var/log/z-push/access.log");
you must create this directory and allow the user who run the http server to write in it

have you got created the kolabindex dir and subdir ?

in activesync in the mobile the FDQN is the address of your server as IP or as FDQN
in domain = we not use this field but you must enter somethings to continue the setting