z-push and N900 Mail for Exchange

Alain Abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Thu Feb 18 22:06:53 CET 2010

Hello all
Like René tried, n900 seems to work with The last firmware
We Will release soon The 0.3 of The kolab backend . We worked on The
cache and on The shared folders and user folders

Zpush act like an exchange server . Each phone who has an exchange
connector coule normaly sync with kolab.

The capatibility to see shared and user folders depend on The os of
The phone

The goal is to have for kolab a fully functionnal sync soon

Alain Abbas

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 18 févr. 2010 à 21:39, Alexander Schröter <webmaster at computational-chemistry.
org> a écrit :

> I am wondering what I should do about my sync situation
>
> I so far used SyncML Clients like synckolab and the native kgroupware
> stuff to sync my kolab server with different clients but today my N900
> finally arrived and i was wondering how I should integrate it into my
> system. I know there is syncevolution which should do the trick but
> than
> I read on the mailinglist about z-push and as far as i understand z-
> push
> acts like an exchange server so every client that can connect to an
> exchange server can use kolab. Correct? What do you suggest get
> kolab-zpush up and running or use syncevolution?
>
> So whatever I decide for I was wondering if one of you can create a
> how-to on how to setup z-push for kolab.
>
> I would really like like some feedback on the whole sync
> situation ... I
> would like to help where I can.
>
> Thanks Alexander
>
> Am 13.02.2010 10:36, schrieb Alain abbas:
>> hi Thorsten
>> good news ;;.
>>
>> Rene wrote :
>>    Dear Alain,
>>
>>    As a quick heads-up after my last email, I can report first
>> success with a
>>    Nokia N900 using Maemo 5.0 PR1.1 (the latest firmware update as
>> of today): both
>>    calendar and contacts can be synced to Z-Push with the Kolab
>> backend.
>>
>>    best regards,
>>    Rene
>>

>> Thorsten Schnebeck a écrit :

>>> Ok, stuff is a little bit tricky.
>>> There is a new svn-branch for Active-Sync V12.1 support that is
>>> needed for the
>>> N900 (so far).
>>>
>>> Problem:
>>> backend/diffbackend.php has changed, functions have new parameters.
>>>
>>> I have patched this file to make it run but sync is still broken.
>>> The question
>>> is if Alain will also support this alpha branch or if he will
>>> concentrate on
>>> the stable branch of z-push?
>>>
>>> I still get broken stuff like
>>>
>>> 01/10/10 00:49:30 [22863] I<Synchronize>
>>> 01/10/10 00:49:30 [22863] I<Folders>
>>> 01/10/10 00:49:30 [22863] I<Folder>
>>> 01/10/10 00:49:30 [22863] I<SyncKey>
>>> 01/10/10 00:49:30 [22863] GZip Results: Original Size 229 /
>>> Compress Size 195
>>> byte(s) -->   Send compressed data
>>> 01/10/10 00:49:30 [22863] IMAP-errors: SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure