trouble getting free-busy information, Error: IMAP Authentication cancelled

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Thu Feb 18 19:30:53 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> we've been trying to use free/busy information from remote clients, basing on
> these instructions.
>
> 	http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/User/Kronolith
>
> When I try to download that file manually I get an empty file:

With thanks to Richard for pointing me to the right wiki page¹, I've
realised that we should use the Kolab freebusy script, not the Kronolith
freebusy script.

which works perfectly.  Many thanks.  Indeed, we can now point Outlook 2007
at:
	https://<server>/freebusy/%USER%@%SERVER%.ifb

and it pulls F/B information for anyone on the kolab system, if the user
just puts in the email address of the invitee.  I've added this info to the
wiki.³

I can't see how to tell lightning/sunbird the address of F/B info.  It
looks like it doesn't really support IFB properly yet.

Gavin

¹ http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_Free/Busy
² http://en.opensuse.org/Kolab#Groupware_testing
³ https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_Free/Busy#Outlook