global address book not being searched in horde compose email

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Mon Feb 15 12:07:25 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Feb 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
>
> > When I login to Horde and try to compose a mail, the global addressbook
> > searching doesn't work.  This is a nice piece of sugar to save people time
> > over our old system so I really want it to work.  I note that it appeared
> > not to be configured by default¹ but changing this setting made no
> > difference.
>
> I've tracked this down to
> /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/imp/lib/Imple/ContactAutoCompleter.php : 54
>
>     function handle($args)
>     {
>         // Avoid errors if 'input' isn't set and short-circuit empty
>         // searches.
>         if (empty($args['input']) ||
>             !($input = Util::getPost($args['input']))) {
>             return '<ul></ul>';
>         }

I mentioned before that I had this working with a precompile but it isn't
working now with a compile from source.  I've just noticed that there's
another difference.  The source compile is kolab v2.2.3 whereas the binary
(which worked) is kolab v2.2.2.

So, I'm assuming this is something local for me at the minute but another
possibility is a regression in v2.2.3 which breaks the autocompleter.  I'll
try and track it down but thought I'd mention this in case it rings a bell
for someone else.

Thanks,
Gavin