kontact from kde 4.4: does akonadi based kaddressbook work with kolab?

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Sun Feb 14 02:13:27 CET 2010

Am Samstag 13 Februar 2010 11:47:34 schrieb Павел Баранчиков:

> > > 	I noticed that KMail use Kolab IMAP addressbook, but KAddressbook shows
> > >
> > > not records in it. Try to create new mail message: are the contacts from
> > > kolab addressbook added to combobox of recipient field?
> > >
> > > 	My nitice converns only kolab IMAP addressbook.
> >
> > I used akonadiconsole to remove everything I was allowed to do and I do not
> > need. Then I add "Kolab resource" (without further configuration) and "KDE
> > Address Book (traditional)" There I could config a "kmail imap resource"
> > (aka kolab imap folder) This works and I see my Kolab contacts in the
> > shiny new kontact 4.4 address book. The whole setup akonadi + nepomuk
> > looks very fragile. While it works fine for the main user it does not work
> > for a switch user from a running session. And I have not found a
> > step-by-step guide with reference config files for this stuff.
>
> 	I tried to reproduce your steps. I have removed kolab resource and
> addressbook and added them after. I do not see any kolab contacts from imap
> folder in addressbook.
> 	Interesting fact. In "KDE address boot (traditional)" resource I see
> ----8<-----------------------
> status: online, running (0%)
> status message: Loading address book
> ----8<-----------------------
> 	I think it's strange. KMail uses contacts from IMAP folder well.

Have you checked that akonadi runs without any errors?
On (k)ubuntu I had to change the mysql tables to get rid of errors.
My latest workflow is (as user):
# Stop akonadi, stop nepumok + virtuoso
akonadictl stop
# (wait 10sec)
qdbus org.kde.NepomukServer /nepomukserver quit
# (wait 10sec)
killall nepomukserver
# remove old stuff of akonadi and nepomuk in users home dir, clear config files,
rm -r ~/.local/share/akonadi
rm -r ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk
rm ~/.kde/share/config/nepom*
# start akonadi, update mysql tables:
akonadictl start
mysql_install_db --datadir=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ # ignore errors
mysql_upgrade --socket=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket
# restart akonadi, kbuildsycoca,
akonadictl stop
kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental
nepomukservicestub nepomukstorage
# wait 10 sec
akonadictl start
# restart session, start nepomuk, test akonadi if nepomuk is on dbus available
systemsettings + Alt+F2 "Akonadi Setup"

:-) This seems to work :-)

HTH

  Thorsten