cross-domain ACLs?

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Fri Feb 12 13:32:21 CET 2010

Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> writes:
> Quoting Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie>:
>> in a multi-domain kolab setup, is it possible to create ACLs for accounts
>> on one domain against mailboxes on another?
[...]
> The cyrus disallows this for security reasons.
>
> The only workaround available for the current Kolab Server release is
> to have two users in a same domain but provide one of them with an
> alias address in the other domain. Obviously this might not always be
> what you want.
>
> Sascha recently added patches to Kolab Server CVS HEAD that seem to
> allow cross domain acls. Sascha, can you comment?

Please see public issue 1141 (Cannot give users from other domains
access to a folder)[1] for details.  This includes technical details as
well as a link to a preliminary test package for Kolab Server 2.2.3[2].

If you like you can test the cross domain acl support by installing the
package and following the instructions given in Message22801 of the
issue.  Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

How ever, please note that this feature is barley tested and therefore
considered experimental.  We do not recommend to use it in a productive
setup by now.

cheers
sascha

[1]  https://issues.kolab.org/issue1141
[2]  http://files.kolab.org/local/tmp/imapd-2.3.13-20081020_kolab4+crossdomainacl1.src.rpm
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/