kolab aliases and distribution lists

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Thu Feb 11 16:10:54 CET 2010

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> I see in the Kolab web interface that there can be N email aliases on an
> account.  If I create account1 at domain and give it the alias alias1 at domain,
> does that cause all email to alias1 at domain to go to account1 at domain or
> email to account1 at domain to go to alias1 at domain?  In the former case, if I
> set up account1 at domain with the alias1 at domain, does the email go to both
> account1 and account2?

#
# LDAP Alias support for postfix
#

server_host = ldap://127.0.0.1:389
search_base = dc=xxx,dc=yy
query_filter = (&(!(kolabDeleteFlag=*))(|(alias=%s)(mail=%s))(!(cn:dn:=external)))

which apparently pulls all names where kolabDeleteFlag is unset and alias
or mail match the string and the cn is not "external".

So, as far as I understand, all accounts with alias1 at domain associated get
email sent to them.

Gavin