kolab v1 -> kolab v2

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Fri Feb 5 17:00:53 CET 2010

* Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> [20100108 16:58]:
> Quoting Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie>:
>> as I mentioned in a previous email, were upgrading an old version of Kolab.
>> The old version is Kolab v1 and we'd like to move to kolab v2.2.3 (or
>> whatever is current at the point we do it).
>>
>> Have people done this?  Are there scripts or guidelines available?
>
> I think Thomas should comment here. I added him on cc. He'll be back at
> the beginning of february.
>
> Our current 1st.README only details the required instruction to upgrade
> from 2.1.0 onwards. I'd suggest to search the mailing list for further
> instructions to upgrade from 1.0.

Manual import of all data might be the easiest.

>> == LDAP ==
>>
>> I can see that a good bit has changed in the ldap structure.  In
>> particular, the multiple domain handling. I guess I can possibly write a
>> shell script to run slapcat on the old system, fix that stuff up and load
>> that into the new ldap database.

There is already a python script for 2.0->2.1 conversion.

But I suggest doing a bootstrap and just add the user objects using
slapcat+editing+slapadd

>> == Domains ==
>>
>> All our current users are domain-agnostic (as kolab was back then).  A few
>> have been given entries in /etc/postfix/virtual to facilitate them getting
>> mail on other domains.  I guess I can create the default domain and migrate
>> everyone to it by changing the ldif.

Done by bootstrap.

>> == Cyrus ==
>>
>> The location and structure of spools has changed a bit with the inclusion
>> of domains though it's not too tough to spot where things are -- although I
>> also don't see the sieve directory as yet.

You can configure the layout, searchfor hashimapspool in 1st.README

>> Has anyone done such a migration in the past?  Are there any docs, scripts
>> or references around?

Yes (very long time ago), no (except above).

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998