looking around for synchronization tools

Doug Finch dfinch at bynari.net
Mon Dec 6 22:00:00 CET 2010

Lucio,
The advantage of z-push is that it makes use of the "already existing" Exchange functionality of most smart phones (e.g. iPhone, Android, etc).  All of these phones are capable of connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server using ActiveSync protocols.  Z-push replicates these ActiveSync protocols on the server side - so the phone "thinks" it is connecting to an Exchange server for calendar and contacts.  This is a huge value to end-users.  SyncML may be ready someday for enterprise use, but since the devices already understand ActiveSync - why not capitalize on that?  This is what z-push does.

We have found both Z-push and the Kolab platform to be a comparable solution for groupware email and collaboration.  It is the only open source project that is fully supported by an active community.  This means that 1) your questions get answered in a timely manner, and 2) the software is maintained (updated) in a professional way.

Regards,

Doug Finch
Vice President, IT
222 W Las Colinas Blvd, Suite 1320N
Irving, Tx  75039
http://www.bynari.net
(800)241-1086
(214)350-5772 x36
Skype ID: dfsixstring
The Leader in messaging and collaboration software