looking around for synchronization tools

Doug Finch dfinch at bynari.net
Mon Dec 6 19:03:00 CET 2010

Remi,

Our experience with z-push has been quite different from yours.  We are quite happy with the performance.  We are currently testing z-push beta (1.5) with Kolab 2.2.4.

Using the GAL - when I create a new email, I start typing the recipient's name and z-push finds it.  I don't have to do searches, as you say.  I also do not understand what you are referring to about a jailbroken iPhone.  Mine is not jailbroken and z-push works fine.  If your calendar sync needs to be reset - you simply go into:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > (z-push Exchange account) > toggle off "contacts" and then back on, then do the same for calendars.  Once these have been toggled off/on - the calendar sync is reset.

I don't use z-push for email.  It states on the wiki that you should configure your phone's IMAP for email.

The issue you mention about Windows Mobile and self-signed certificates is a shortcoming of WM - not z-push.

Hope that helps.

Doug Finch

Vice President, IT

222 W Las Colinas Blvd, Suite 1320N

Irving, Tx  75039

http://www.bynari.net

(800)241-1086

(214)350-5772 x36

Skype ID: dfsixstring

The Leader in messaging and collaboration software