Problems with contacts

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Tue Apr 27 09:32:02 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'm running a self-compiled Kolab 2.2.3 server, using Kontact (address book ver. 4.4.2), Outlook/Toltec and Horde as user apps.  Probably following some playing with SyncML (synckolab), I see some issues with contacts.

First, not all contacts shown in Kontact are shown in Horde.  The "raw" messages in the imap spool look just fine afaict.

I simply modified one contact by adding a char in the name, and on the server, the old object was replaced by a new one, and suddenly it appeared in Horde.  Unfortunately, I forgot to make a diff before, so I tried to repeat the trick with a second contact.  Now Kontact kept the "old" object on the server, but added a *new* one on the server, with exactly the same <uid>...</uid>.  Again, the new contact shows up in Horde.

Looking at the diff (diff -uBb) of the two objects, the structure is just the same (multipart/mixed, with a text/plain and a application/x-vnd.kolab.contact).  I attach a (anonymised) full diff of the objects to this message.  Any idea what goes wrong here, and where I could start debugging further?  And, of course, how I could get my contacts back again in Horde *and* get rid of the duplicates?

Thanks in advance,
Albrecht.