Update 2.1 to 2.2.3

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Apr 26 06:31:02 CEST 2010

Quoting skipmorse at gmail.com:

> On Apr 24, 2010 9:01am, - <hans_germa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > >  > > just did the update from 2.1 to 2.2.3 today to get the actual
> version of ClamAV.
> > >  > > a) The IMAP Folder structur changed and I can not find any
> info in the update description. With 2.1 I had > >
> /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain//user/
> > > Now with 2.2.3 I have
> > > /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain///letter>/
> > > I moved all mails to the corresponding folder and run
> cyrreconstruct . > > Do I need to adapt more?
> > >  > > b) Postfix rejects now messages to shared folders. We poll our
> messages with fetchmail and delivering to users works but to shared
> folder is rejected
> > >  SMTP error: 550 5.1.1 kolab+shared.info at info-art.lan>:
> Recipient address rejected: User u
> > nknown in local recipient table
> > >  > > what can I do ?
> > >  > > Thanks
> setup the same way as for 2.2.3, in my case I just needed to change
> ownership (since it's from a native install)...
>
> I too am interested in the 'work around' to get the emailing to
> shared folders working again.  I've discussed it in IRC a few
months
> ago, and go a "oh, you'll need to add a viratul
> something"... or similar, I didn't actually go into trying to
> make it work... I just tried google and I think my search string is
> lacking because I didn't come up with anything usable...
>
> So yah, any help is appreciated...

https://issues.kolab.org/issue3096 has something on the topic.
Basically the feature was never really supported. The way most people
did set it up they used a bug that has been closed in 2.2.3. There are
probably other alternatives to set it up but we don't have a howto for
this at the moment.

Does anybody here already set up mailing to shared folders? If so I
could compile this into a wiki page. If not I could probably invest
the time to find out how to get it working with 2.2.3. I don't think
it should be too hard.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> -Skip

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg