Best practice questions: shared folders etc.

Christian Rößler Roessler at FuH-E.de
Mon Sep 28 14:09:18 CEST 2009

Thomas Arendsen Hein schrieb:

> Using kolabwizard instead of manually configuring kontact offers this easily.

you are right, of course - I have to admit I have lost sight of this
possibility. Also the kolabwizard works well, as it seems.

I do have just a problem: I need to use a world-readable calendar folder
of an user. This calendar folder is subscribe-able from others without
problems (anyone read).

Well, I am unable to add this folder to the calendar. If I enable the
showing of workgroup folders I see a greyed-out folder users (the needed
calendar folder would be beneath that folder) in Kolab-Server (not:
Kolab Server for Email). When choosing "subscribe locally" this folder
is seen and subscribed-to, but not used for calendar. It seems no
subscribing locally brings a change, so this does not seem the right way.

If I choose this folder via "subscribe" I get asked about "Subscribe not
used for Server Kolab-Server. Would you like to enable the subscribe
function?" (Abonnements werden für den Server Kolab-Server momentan
nicht benutzt. Möchten Sie die Abonnementfunktion einschalten?).

If I do so the other calendar entries vanish.

Has anyone a hint for this problem? I would provide any needed
information and screenshots, if wanted.

Best regards, Christian