Kolab + Samba and domain maintainers

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:32:27 CEST 2009

Hello,

we have running Kolab 2.2.2 with Samba accounts integrated. Everything
runs ok, except that domain maintainers cannot create new users. Error
is "Object class violation" then adding sambaLMPassword attribute for
new user. I did some investigation and found out that then using
domain maintainer to login to Kolab admin it tries to add new ldap
user as cn=nobody,cn=internal,... it does some searches for
sambaGroupMapping and fails to find a group because
cn=nobody,cn=internal,... doesn't even see the cn=internal,...
subtree.
Is this a ldap acl that should be edited or some php code?

Thanks
Liutauras

PS I followed http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab_2.2_and_Samba_on_Ubuntu_Hardy
then integrating Samba and Kolab.