Difficulties to get kontact/calendar to recognize an imap mail folder as calendar

Christian Rößler Roessler at FuH-E.de
Tue Sep 15 10:26:23 CEST 2009

Hallo,

Ingo Klöcker schrieb:
> On Monday 14 September 2009, Christian Rößler wrote:
>> I have great difficulties to get Kontact (Version 1.2.4 (enterprise
>> 20070904.708012)) to recognize a shared folder as containing calendar
>> entries. The folder icon shows these folders as normal mail folders.
>> Could it be that calendar folder need to be disconnected imap?
> Yes. (Online) IMAP folders cannot be used as groupware folders.
> Using local subscription you can create a disconnected IMAP account
> which shows only the shared calendar folder.

thank again, Ingo.

Well, I have another problem I would like a hint for. When trying local
subscription the shared folders are not mentioned in the given list of
folders possible to subscribe to, but they are mentioned in the folder
list showing up using 'normal' subscription.

Is it possible, then, to subscribe locally to a folder using a normal,
not disconnected email access? Do I need to enter two 'Accesses' (Zugang
in german kmail); one with full imap and the second with 'disonnected
imap'; both going to the same Kolab using the same user credentials?

Or is it not normal, that shared folders are not shown?

Best regards, Christian