question about smtp error 5.1.1 and Outlook

Doug Finch dfinch at bynari.net
Thu Sep 10 18:04:00 CEST 2009

What you are seeing is actually a "feature request" made by several of our users.  In earlier versions of Connector 3, the Connector would 1) send the message, then 2) upload that message to the server "Sent Items" folder.  This meant that when a user clicked on their "Sent Items" folder in Outlook, it would synchronize that folder.  This could render Outlook unusable during the synchronization process.

Users wanted to have the mail moved (in Outlook) directly from Outbox to "Sent Items" to improve performance.  In version 4.0 of the Connector, there is quite a bit of different logic in how it handles mail delivery and synchronization.

To answer the original question, it is not a "bug" - but a request from our users.

Regards,

Doug Finch
Director of Technical Support
Bynari, Inc.