Postfix Warning

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Wed Sep 2 16:51:36 CEST 2009

Op woensdag 02 september 2009 15:09:32 schreef Thomas Arendsen Hein:
> * Sascha Schneider <schneider at zawm.be> [20090902 10:21]:
> > I have a postfix warning in postfix.log with kolab 2.2.2
> > <warning> postfix/cleanup: database /kolab/etc/postfix/canonical.db is
> > older than source file /kolab/etc/postfix/canonical
>
> You can ignore this warning. kolabconf generates the new file and if
> it is different from the old file, it runs postmap to create the new
> .db file.
>
> The logic in kolabconf could be improved a bit to prevent touching
> the target configuration file (canonical) if there will be no
> difference tough.
>
> Maybe you can create an entry for this on issues.kolab.org with
> priority "feature" and assign it to me (thomas)?

I get the same message for these databases:
kolab2:/var/log # grep "is older than source file" warn | sed 's/.*warning:
database //' | sort -u
/etc/postfix/canonical.db is older than source file /etc/postfix/canonical
/etc/postfix/relocated.db is older than source file /etc/postfix/relocated
/etc/postfix/transport.db is older than source file /etc/postfix/transport
/etc/postfix/virtual.db is older than source file /etc/postfix/virtual

--
Richard