removing domains/slave servers

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Thu Oct 29 11:01:46 CET 2009

* germano Soru <germano at soru.me.uk> [20091027 12:34]:
> I'm having a problem removing distribution lists/shared folders/users...
>
> Originally the server had several slaves which no longer exist. I can remove
> users simply by restarting kolabd but the others stick around
>
> Im sure its because its looking for the slaves that no longer exist, is
> there a way I can stop this from happening or another way I can remove the
> domains no longer used and all users/distribution/shared folders associated
> with it

Use ldap commands or an ldap editor (we often use "ldapvi") to remove the
kolabDeleteFlag entries for servers which no longer exist.

Background:

To remove e.g. a user, one "kolabDeleteFlag: servername" is added
for every server (master and slaves). First all slaves delete
everything they know about that user (e.g. IMAP spool) and after
that their corresponding kolabDeleteFlag entry.

If all slaves are done, the master server removes the IMAP spool,
etc., and finally the full LDAP entry.

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998