z-push Kolab backend

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Oct 27 08:27:19 CET 2009

Hi Alain,

Quoting Alain abbas <alain.abbas at libertech.fr>:

> hi Phil
> Thanks to use our work
>
> just disable the task in the activesync setup on the phone because for
> now sync task is not implemented
> we will release a version 0.2 soon with these enchancements :
> - sync multi calendars and contacts on the iphone
> - detection of  the contacts and calendars folders by the annotation
> imap command
> - some correction of bug

This sounds really good. I looked at the code you used in 0.1 and was
wondering if you'd be willing to collaborate on getting this supported
directly in the Kolab server.

I noticed that you do the IMAP handling directly. Is there a specific
reason for that? You already use the Kolab_Format package for the XML
parsing and I think using Kolab_Storage for the IMAP handling would
make sense. Especially since you get caching of the Kolab objects that
way. Accessing an IMAP folder with thousands of events or contacts
should be significantly faster that way.

But other than that I think it would be worth trying to get this into
a package that can be distributed with the Kolab server. What do you
think?

Cheers,

Gunnar