Spam Filter

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Mon Oct 19 16:58:47 CEST 2009

On October 19, 2009, Nazeer wrote:
> Hi Guys
>

> Is there another Spam Filter I can use with Kolab instead of Spamassasin
>

> I have been training emails for more than 5 months and users are still
> getting quite a lot of spam mails everyday
>

> Thanks

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Fighting_spam

I would make sure the use of SBLs is configured.   This will probably take
care of a large portion of your SPAM.

I generally find spamassassin alone is never enough. Especially with the
default settings, and rules.  You can tweak the amavis configuration and
lower the limits if you want.

http://www.rulesemporium.com/

Try some additional rule sets if you want.  if you start with SARE rule sets,
you will really need to pay attention to the scores, and configure SA limits
in amavis accordingly.

In addition to that, you can also use some kind of proxy for SPAM filtering
and / or greylisting.   I have used postgrey as it easily integrates with
postfix.   Just run the server on a specific port, and one line of
configuration into main.cf.

http://www.greylisting.org/

For more info, and links.

HTH,