recovery

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Mon Oct 12 15:29:59 CEST 2009

Update - followed the opensuse installation and it all worked perfectly!

We needed to create any subdirectories for each user (we only have a
few) using a mail client (Thunderbird) and then copied all the
/var/spool/imap files and directories from backup no problem.

Well done Kolab!

Nicholas Moore wrote:
> I have a question about migration. I have 2.2.0-2.3.
>
> My root disk has died. I have a separate /var drive so all my mail
> data is secure.
>
> I am about to install open suse11.1 onto a replacement hard disk.
>
> Is it possible for me to install the latest Kolab and simply point the
> new installation to my existing imap directories - or do I need to
> reinstall 2.2 and upgrade as separately documented?
>
> Nicholas
>
> --
>
> *Nicholas Moore
> Limoges
> France
> *

*Nicholas J Moore*
+33 555 092 140
+33 682 904 357
*TSR International
*Thought Leaders in Communication & Complexity
www.TSR-i.com