Q: Kolab and Mac OS X?

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Mon Nov 2 08:49:34 CET 2009

Good morning,

On Thursday 29 October 2009 11:23:45 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Quoting Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:

> > my boss considers to shift from a Windows notebook to a Macbook -
> > the obvious question now is: how is it possible to use Kolab with
> > the Mac?
> >
> > The preferred way would of course be using the Mac tools (mail,
> > ical, address book).  Is that possible, maybe with a plug-in?
> >
> > Are there alternatives?  IIRC there were rumours about Kontact for
> > Mac.  Any idea about the status?
>
> I'm not living in the Mac world myself but Till Adam is one of the
> core devs of Kontact and I know he runs contact on his mac. So maybe
> he can give you further directions.

There is no Kolab plugin for Apple's mail or calendar application, to the best
of my knowledge. Kontact, however works fine. You can install version 4.x from
macports and set it up using the kolabwizard, just like on Linux. There might
also be fink packages, in the meantime, but I haven't kept current with them
lately. On files.kolab.org you can also find an older version of an OSX
installer that we built a while ago, but it's not current. Still, maybe useful
for trying it out. Hopefully there will be a new one soon.

Hope that helps,

Till