Spam messages garbled and delivered to Inbox

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 24 23:50:52 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Note the extra newline after the "X-Kolab-Scheduling-Message:" header.
> I *think* that this newline has not been there when the message has
> been received on the first server (the one between the Internet and
> Kolab) as the Postfix/Mailscanner on that box adds the
> "X-my-org-MailScanner*" headers.  So, where does it come from?  Any
> ideas?

You first need to find out, which server manipulates the message.
Try to submit the message manually yourself if necessary or sniff the network.

Once done and you know it is Kolab Server, please contruct a test script
that we can use to reproduce the behaviour.
(I once a few years ago had Exchange manipulate a message in a similiar way,
garbled headers. I could sniff the network before postfix got it an prove the
point.)

Bernhard

Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998