gosa

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Fri Mar 20 21:17:47 CET 2009

On Friday 20 March 2009 01:41:40 pm Benoit Mortier wrote:
> Le Friday 20 March 2009 19:18:27 John McMonagle, vous avez écrit :
> > > > >

> - some import of specific objects from kolab ldap to the your ldap if you
> don't use the ldap server from kolab, mainly the manager and other
> special users.
>> - some change to the template and / or files to tell him where the ldap
> reside if not using kolab ldap.
>
> other than that it should roll

Thanks

Not really gosa issues but brings up a couple more issues.
I wonder what kind of issues there will be with upgrades if the kolab server
is not the ldap master?

Some of my sites have poor network connections and slurpd replication doesn't
work well. Don't want to consider using slurpd again.

 I can think of 4 possible ways to do the ldap for kolab.

1 Use kolab openpkg ldap as master adding sync replication.
2 Use kolab openpkg ldap as sync replication slave.
3 Use openldap install on kolab host as sync replication slave. Disable
openpkg ldap.
4 Use openldap server on the local network.  Disable openpkg ldap.

At the moment my preference is  3,4,2,1.

What problems are there going to be during upgrades?

The biggest thing I can see is any schema and acl changes may need to be
manually made through the system first.  As schemacheck is on could be an
issue on a pure openpkg system with multiple kolab servers.

John