Kontact Windows client - questions (url handler; spelling)

kolab-marc at fieldinternet.com kolab-marc at fieldinternet.com
Thu Mar 12 21:39:34 CET 2009

Hi,

I am using Kontact Version 1.3 (enterprise4 0.20090220.928360) Windows.  I have two questions:

1. How do I set kmail to use a Windows web browser to open URLs clicked in an email?  Currently it opens the kde "Transferring" window, which does not actually open any browser.  I searched the share/config directories but did not recognize the correct file to edit.  By the way, I do not have KDE for Windows installed out of fear that it will conflict with Kontact.

2. How to I set up spell checking for kmail?  When I use Tools:Spelling in the compose window, it does not actually check anything.  Also, I do not see the spelling settings that (I think) are present in kmail on Linux in the composer settings.

Thanks,
Marc