Kolab Server 2.2.1 Release Candidate 1

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Sun Mar 8 18:32:09 CET 2009

Hi Del,

thanks for the feedback.

Quoting Del <delonly at gmail.com>:

> Indeed, thanks! A couple of comments on the installation:
>
> -The siging certificate dialougue (when bootstrapping) does not specify
> a default to [y/n], but defaults to "no" resulting in Apache not
> working. I think iot would make sense to warn the user of the
> consequences when just pressing enter, and of course to inform about the
> default choice.

Sounds reasonable. Please open an issue about it.

> -DNS needs to be set up somehow for Apache to start, I think it makes
> sense to include information on the options here on the wiki, since a
> test-environment can be put up pretty easily. Unless there is some
> objections, I can put information on this on the wiki.

Would be great. Thanks!

> For the Horde environment I have three comments. The first being
> important (at least in my mind):
>
> -The LDAP users are found in the "Global address book", which must be
> set explicitely in Horde to be used. Moreover it must me moved on top of
> "Contacts" to autocomplete in "Edit Attendees" view. I think this is not
> very intuitive for new admins, so at least we should have it documented
> and easily accessible on the wiki.

I just opened an issue about this as others were also complaining.
Should be easy to fix.

https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3459

> -Norwegian letters messed up in Horde when scheduling meetings, but not
> for mail (but this I assume is a Horde issue).

Might be related to

https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3285

> -Free/busy for users not available in Horde until after first log-in (I
> minor one, which I am not sure should be given any attention).

I'm not 100% certain I understand what you mean but it sounds like
something we should give attention to so please open an issue with a
detailed description.

Thanks!

Gunnar