Restore folder from backup (kolab 2.04)

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Wed Mar 4 13:14:37 CET 2009

Jacques Hylkema wrote:

. . .

> If I use:
>
> /kolab/bin/cyrreconstruct -r -f user/j^m^dekker/Leveranciers/*@intronics.nl <mailto:user/j%5Em%5Edekker/Leveranciers/*@intronics.nl>
>
> then I see all folders and subfolders below Leveranciers in the result.
> (not Leveranciers itself) so I tried:
>
> /kolab/bin/cyrreconstruct -r -f
> user/j^m^dekker/Leveranciers*@intronics.nl
> <mailto:user/j%5Em%5Edekker/Leveranciers*@intronics.nl>
>
> which does the same as above, but does include the Leveranciers folder
> itself.
> However, still no sign of the R--S folder...

I think the folder name could be the problem.

>> As far as I remember this is necessary to tell Cyrus about the new folder - it
>> will not recognise it automatically.
>>
>> Also, I strongly recommend to re-calculate your quotas after you have restored
>> your folders, otherwise they can get quite out of whack. Cyrus does not do
>> this for you if you add/delete mail "manually" to/from the spool. The command
>> is:   su - kolab-r -c "/kolab/bin/cyrquota -f"
>> A word of caution: This will recalculate *all* quotas - there seems to be no
>> easy way to recalculate the quota for only one user. Also, if you already
>> have restored/deleted manually in the spool in the past, your quotas may
>> already be wrong. If this is  the case, the recalculation can produce very
>> strange results. Running it more than once can help, or, if that does not
>> help, reconstruct the complete mailbox of any user whose quota is off, then
>> re-run the quota command.
>>
> OK, That's good to know. In this case, the user in question has no quota
> set, because his mailbox is about 6GB. I have found that setting a quota
> larger than 3GB gives problems on Kolab 2.0.4.
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Thomas
>>
> I think I have to follow another procedure:
>
> Create a (temporary) kolab mailserver with the latest version of kolab.
> Create the user in kolab, and restore the folder to that mailserver.
> reconstruct the folder on that mailserver.

OK.

> Add a new account to Thunderbird for the temporary mailserver
> Drag and drop the folder from the new temporary account to the original
> account

There is a more simple solution, imapsync. It is included in debian installation.
You need just to type: aptitude -i imapsync

I used it to migrate succesfully from kolab 2.0 to kolab 2.1

--
ing. Andrea Gelpi
La Terra non la abbiamo ereditata dai nostri avi,