Segfault on webclient ! (Solved)

Franz Skale i.bin at dah.am
Mon Mar 2 15:37:28 CET 2009

Hi Bernhard.
Sorry for the misleading lines.
I don't know why ld wants to include the debian libdb-4.6 since
apache-php will be build with db-4.5.
So in my strace the last line was /usr/lib/libdb-4.6.so which is the
debian lib and then came the sagfault.
So i did this temporary workaround (32Bit seems not to have this
problem, anybody out there with the same problem on debian lenny
/32/64 bit ?)
What i have done: (Not to interfere debian deps to libdb3-dev on lenny
i build it from source)
1.) cd /usr/src
apt-get source libdb4-5
2.) cd /usr/src/db4.5-4.5.20
3.) commented out java things from debian/rules. (Are not relevant to
kolab).
4.) debian/rules build
5.) After build complete:
cd dist/
DESTDIR=/tmp/db-4.5 make install
6.) mkdir /kolab/RPM/SRC/apache-php
7.) cd /kolab/RPM/SRC/apache-php
8.) rpm2cpio /kolab/RPM/PKG/rpm2cpio
/kolab.new/RPM/PKG/apache-php-5.2.8-20081209_kolab.src.rpm |cpio -id
9.) chown root.root *
10) edited the php.spec
Changed the db-4.5 line to:
     --with-db4=/tmp/db-4.5/usr
11.) rpmbuild -ba php.spec
12.) Installed the ned package:
rpm -Uhv --force /kolab/RPM/PKG/apache-php-5.2.9-20090228.amd64-kolab.rpm
13.) apache will be restarted.

Config Options for apache-php:

#   package options
%option         with_bdb                yes
%option         with_ctype              yes
%option         with_dom                yes
%option         with_gd                 yes
%option         with_gettext            yes
%option         with_iconv              yes
%option         with_imap               yes
%option         with_imap_annotate      yes
%option         with_imap_myrights      yes
%option         with_mbregex            yes
%option         with_mbstring           yes
%option         with_mcrypt             yes
%option         with_mhash              yes
%option         with_mm                 yes
%option         with_openldap           yes
%option         with_pear               yes
%option         with_sqlite             yes
%option         with_ssl                yes
%option         with_xml                yes
%option         with_zlib               yes

The debian version on db-4.5 does have some x86_64 patches.
The kolab source version for db-4.5 seems to lack from thread support.
The Linker SEARCH_DIR was right but why the linker wanted to include
db-4.6 seems to be a miracle.
There is a open thread on the debian list that apt-listchanges is
requesting db4-.5 but 4-6 is debian default.
I think problem could lead to the kolab build problem.
Anyway, now it is working and anyone have troubles with it, can
contact me via the maillinlist.
Please revise my temp solution and then i could post it in the wiki as
you told me.

Kind regards
Franz

Changes: