Mail and spam statistics on Kolab server?

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Mon Mar 2 13:31:41 CET 2009

Hi all,

I've been wondering about something: Is anybody out there creating/monitoring
their mail/spam/etc. statistics on their Kolab server? If so, what are you
using to do so? I've been through the archive but only found one thread from
2007 about mailgraph (and the fact that it isn't working out-of-the-box), but
not much else. Also, I have not seen anything related in the Wiki.

I had a look at mailgraph myself, as I would like to have some graphical
representation of mail traffic, bounces, indentified spam and so on, but
mailgraph would take some major changes to make it work with the default
Kolab (2.2.0) set-up. One of the biggest problem is the fact that all logs
are separated into different files, which is something that mailgraph cannot
deal with in its current form.

Hence, I'm open to suggestions about what else is out there that fits the bill
(i.e. produce some statistics - preferably graphical - about the mail
server's performance) and works well with Kolab without having to change the
Kolab configuration (or at least not too much). Any ideas?

Regards,

Thomas