Getmail Question

Sascha Schneider schneider at zawm.be
Thu Jun 18 09:20:39 CEST 2009

Am Tuesday 16 June 2009 20:08:58 schrieb Shrenik Bhura:
> Sascha Schneider wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I installed getmail to get the mails from our ISP.
> > Getmail can delegate mails to the kolab-postfix wich should delegate the
> > mails to the users mailbox.
> > On my Debian 5 with kolab 2.2
> >
> > I did an:
> >
> > [destination]
> > type = MDA_external
> > path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
> > arguments = ("myusernam at domain.local",)
> >
> > Mails are retrieved by getmail but do not appear within the IMAP Folder.
> >
> > Has anybody experiences with this (ecxept "use fetchmail")??
> >
> > Greetings from belgium

Hi Shrenik,
> Hi Sascha,
>
> Since you ask for getmail with kolab I would answer this here but the
> right ML would have been getmail at lists.pyropus.ca .
>
> This is what works for me:
>
> [normal_delivery]
This section should be
[destination] cause getmail4 doesn't now any section called [normal_delivery]

> type=MDA_external
> path=/usr/sbin/sendmail

here I use the sendmail from kolab e.g.
path=/kolab/sbin/sendmail

> arguments=("-f %(sender)","%(recipient)")
tried these arguments and all mails go to postfix, but postfix refuses to
process the mails.

May be because I set the primary the primary Domain in Kolab to the local
Domain "administration.local" and the Maildomain of our ISP as
secondary "zawm.be"
Will check that when I'm back and post the kolab-postfix logs