2.2.1/Horde: unable to save filter settings mor than once?

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Tue Jun 16 23:56:08 CEST 2009

Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:
>

>> Quoting Christian Funke <funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de>:
>>

>>> Hi Albert, hello List,
>>>
>>> the same happened to me just now. Saving filters was working fine
>>> and now it suddenly stopped. I investigated it a little and can
>>> track it down
>>> to the fact that the weblcient does not store the new filters in the
>>> users.prefs file. The filter rules on the server are actually correctly
>>> updated. Did you resolve your problem? If yes how?
>>>
>>> Gunnar if you are reading this, do you have any clues?
>>>
>> I'm definitely reading this and will look into it :)
>>
>> Just a little bit busy at the moment so my response rates are
>> somewhat  slowed down. Hope to improve that soon again.
>>

> I experience the same problem, I created all my filter rules with
> Ingo, saved, the sieve script was generated fine. But the settings do
> not seem to be saved to the config so the configuration shown in Ingo
> does not list any of my custom filters anymore after logging out.
>

> Carsten

I also noticed problems with filters in horde.

Not sure what I may have done to cause it.

Like the others the rules are in sieve  but do not show up in horde.

I did some experiments and the only way I was able to get it back to
normal was to remove my horde .prefs file and deleting the sieve scripts.

Now it seems to be behaving but I'll  test some more.
Really do not want to redo my 17 mail filter rules again :(

One thing that I did notice is that the sieve features in kontact and
horde both work but they do not seem to coexist well.
Either they should be able to work with the changes from either, or one
should be disabled.

John